Your presentation set the goal for the start of our convention. We had tons of positive comments and that positive attitude continued throughout the rest of our event.
– Tom Bastable, Board of Directors, Credit Institute of Canada
Demystifying the Fear of Change
“Why is this happening?” “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.” “We’ve always done it that way.” Three clichés that have become part of the dialogue when it comes to the topic of change.
Learning how to manage ourselves around situations and events that are outside of our control is not as complex as you may think, although the process often necessitates a shift in perspective, readiness to let go of the old and willingness to embrace the new.
Easier said than done.
During volatile market conditions, it isn’t unusual for organizations to tighten their collective belts and become even more risk-adverse. Adapting to a rapidly changing business environment is expected, yet many people feel even more afraid. On the other hand, it is equally concerning to lull ourselves into a false sense of security during positive times. Innovative thinking is essential, regardless of the economic climate.
During this dynamic, interactive and content-rich keynote, your attendees will learn the core reasons behind resistance to change, how to achieve greater levels of acceptance in order to move beyond the “status quo” and ultimately, how to implement and communicate new strategies and approaches for long-term results.
Expected Outcomes for Attendees:
- Experience Michelle’s 3-step process to managing change
- Develop a repertoire of communication skills to achieve buy-in and build rapport
- Transform your perspective from negative to positive in the face of change
- Address the human side first in the change process i.e. the fear of change and the the fear of failure
- Learn to anticipate disruption and shifting business trends
- Recognize the difference between reacting vs. responding to change