The end of a year is always a time for reflection. As each one passes seemingly more quickly that the previous, we usher in a new year with the opportunity to pause and appreciate special moments that occurred over the past 365 days. Focusing on the positives sets the tone for anticipating good things.
Although we can’t control the future, we can choose to adopt an optimistic outlook and plan for successful outcomes. By looking forward, rather than chastising ourselves for things we did not do this past year, we can choose to take the lead in any area of life. These are the top ten items on my list for personal and professional improvement. I am certain that by focusing on at least one below, I will have a great year. Consider how many of these goals resonate with you?
1. Take one calculated risk to grow your business
2. Align yourself with one person or group who epitomizes what you aspire to do in your career
3. Re-connect with clients or customers who you haven’t talked to for a while
4. Let go of jobs and situations that limit your potential
5. Expect less of others and do more to become a better friend or partner
6. Partake in one healthy pursuit that you enjoy
7. Support a cause that you are passionate about by volunteering whenever you can
9. Do the tasks that help your business profit and thrive, and delegate those that undermine your productivity
8. Commit to tuning in to conversations more deeply with less distraction
10. Make fun a higher priority
Wishing you a wonderful year ahead!