Are your leaders ready to take the lead?
A leader who possesses outstanding relational skills is often the difference-maker when it comes to attracting and retaining your best people. After all, leaders directly impact the workplace atmosphere and establish the positive culture critical to the operations of any organization.
Too many companies experience poor performance, high staff turnover, and low productivity due to a lack of core leadership skills. Michelle Ray’s leadership coaching and consulting services in Vancouver and beyond can help. If you are a senior manager in the corporate sector or a small business owner, these one-on-one services support leaders and executives like you to develop essential leadership competencies.
Characteristics of Great Leaders
By choosing Michelle as your business coach, you're initiating critical steps to build outstanding leadership skills. Some key characteristics that set great leaders apart include the following:
- Great leaders lead rather than manage. They understand precisely how and why this impacts an employee’s decision to stay or leave.
- Great leaders are available to directly support, motivate, and inspire their teams on a daily basis. They regularly celebrate success and let the team take the credit.
- Great leaders aren’t always born that way…They CAN acquire specific skills to be effective, not only efficient.
- Great leaders are great communicators who know business is about relationships.
- Great leaders are visionaries who are totally committed to the success of their organization. They get the “big picture.”
What differentiates the Lead Yourself First coaching model from others?
Lead Yourself First coaching is based on the principles of self-leadership outlined in Michelle’s book: Lead Yourself First! Indispensable Lessons in Business and in Life. Learning to lead oneself is the prerequisite to effectively leading others. With Michelle as their business coach, Vancouver business owners as well as leaders from enterprises outside the Lower Mainland discover strategies to effectively lead themselves and improve the way they work with teams.
Learning benefits include:
- Enhanced listening, communication and presentation skills. A leader’s ability to “ask more” and “tell less” in order to truly hear what team members are saying builds greater trust, rapport and empowerment. Leaders must also ensure that their messages are effectively delivered by balancing their speaking and listening skills, whether conducting team meetings or business presentations.
- How to practice the art of “me” management. Leaders need to be ready to offer support to their teams. However, this also involves spending time alone. You will learn why it is important to prioritize solitude and reflection as well as how to spend this time productively.
- Accepting that you need support. Leaders in senior positions also need a mentor if they are to continue learning and improving. Seeking the expertise of a business coach like Michelle is the first step in this journey. During your one-on-one sessions, you will learn the value of mentorship in order to mentor others with greater success.
Expected Outcomes of Lead Yourself First Coaching:
- Exclusively developed leadership blueprint for long-term success
- Customized strategies for talent attraction, recruitment, retention, and management
- Improved skills in delegation, conflict management, and interpersonal communication with regards to performance evaluations/reviews
- Greater collaboration, team-building, and positive workplace culture
- Enhancement of change-management capabilities at all organizational levels
- Development of superior presentation skills for executives leading staff and client meetings, product pitches, Annual General Meetings, and keynote presentations
When you participate in Lead Yourself First Coaching, you will receive actionable, practical advice and solutions from a professional business coach - and so much more!