How to the Team of One (That means YOU) to maximize your ROL:
The most important lesson learned from the recent recession is that self-leadership is a pre-requisite for business resiliency, client retention and overall personal fulfillment. As a business owner or leader charged with the responsibility of business growth, the key to maintaining and building momentum, market share as well as buy-in from your team is to realize the power of positive influence. You can profoundly affect the atmosphere or your workplace and opportunities for expansion of your customer base by being truly in sync with how you lead yourself. Your “ROL” (Return on Leadership), will be evident not only by the bottom-line results, but also by the intangibles; the sense of pride and ownership that your team feels regarding their work, the atmosphere of camaraderie and the strength of their business relationships. Never underestimate the impact of your attitude on your business, your staff, your clients and your balance sheet. Corporations, small business operators as well as individuals need to be reminded more than ever that through their own demeanor and the lens they use to view the world, they can control their own reality. The essential ingredient for successful business outcomes is mastering the ability to take charge of yourself first.
Here are my Top Ten Tips to Maximize your ROL:
- Take charge of your thoughts…your thoughts lead to your actions
- Have a personal vision. Who you are is not what you do for a living
- Focus on others and in turn they will then be more likely to focus on you
- Tap in your innovative potential and give yourself breathing space to find it
- Develop your awareness of responding, rather than reacting to situations and events
- Make a decision to let go of control and build your capacity to trust in the ability of others
- Keep an open mind. Perspective is everything
- Be willing to do things differently. Be a leader, rather than a follower
- Consciously shift your attitude when self-doubt arises
- Apply the power of positive Influence during every encounter
Watch and/or sign up for Michelle’s next newsletter coming soon for more strategies to lead the team of one!